Schroll: recycling your waste since 1892.
Schroll demonstrates every day its expertise in the life cycle of waste, both in the preferred treatment - recycling - or in the quality of the recycled raw materials it markets.
Companies, local authorities, administrations, we can provide all of them with waste management and recycling services adapted to their specific needs.We are close to you and able to react quickly and work with you to build your sustainable waste management solution.
Result: customised technical solutions that help to optimise the environmental performance of your waste management.
By proposing economical solutions adapted to every individual case, the Schroll group is able to efficiently manage your waste and its recycling, from one end of the recycling chain to the other:
Collection, sorting and treatment of paper, cardboard, plastics, non-hazardous waste, wood, batteries, light bulbs..., collection and recovery of biowaste, but also and above all tailored solutions for all kinds of companies, local authorities and public administrations… To carry out all these missions, we can call on more than a century of experience and know-how and a professional, comprehensive and customised service.
Over the years the Schroll group has become a recognised operator in recycling, with a reputation for being close to its customers, suppliers and employees.
Because recycling is essentially a local business, with requires unfailing responsiveness, specific know-how and customised solutions, we strive to optimise our expertise every day:
- by acquiring state-of-the-art equipment,
- by creating new products and services,
- by increasing our workforce,
- by launching "sustainable" initiatives such as Global Info meetings,
- but also and above all by continuing to listen attentively to our customers' needs, with teams of experts dedicated to each type of market.
Our leitmotiv: to give priority to recycling as the best method of treating the waste entrusted to us to save natural resources and protect our environment.
The Schroll Group pays scrupulous attention to the impact its activities have on the environment, and in particular to reducing the ecological footprint of the solutions proposed to its customers: the quantity of resources necessary for the group to carry out its activities is kept to the minimum (waste collection and sorting, storage of raw materials…).
Proximity, responsiveness, reliability, innovation, continuity of service, long-term partnerships… the Schroll group seeks to be exemplary in every respect.
- 1892 It was in 1892 that Schroll went into business in Strasbourg, when founder Louis Fernand Schroll started criss-crossing Alsace to recover paper and cardboard from printers and bookbinders.
This waste was taken to German cardboard manufacturer Koehler to be used as raw materials for its production. Loaded with new cardboard boxes on the return journey, Schroll supplied printers and bookbinders in Strasbourg.
The recycling circle was complete: collection, sorting, packing, supply, manufacturing and distribution.
- 1914The second Louis Schroll took over the business.
At the beginning of the 1960s, he passed on the company in turn to his two sons, Louis and François Schroll. The two brothers adapted the business meet their customer's new needs: development of logistics, installation of skips in the places where waste was produced, regular collections, storage and sorting old paper.
- 1963 Schroll moved into premises on the industrial estate at the Rhine Port in Strasbourg.
- 1974 Creation of Schroll Colmar, with a view to winning new customers in the Haut-Rhin.
- 1994 From 1994 the company's growth accelerated and it became a full-fledged Group specialised in recycling:
Creation, at the Rhine Port in Strasbourg, of a subsidiary, SARDI (acronym for Alsatian industrial and bulky household waste recycling company).
- 1998 Creation, at the Rhine Port in Strasbourg, of a subsidiary, ALTEM (acronym for Alsatian household waste sorting company).
- 2000 CITRAVAL, a company based in Lorraine, joined the Schroll Group.
- 2004 Opening of a SARDI branch in Colmar.
- 2005 Creation of ECOBENNES, a company specialising in skip repair and maintenance. Opening of a SARDI branch in Brumath.
- 2006 Opening of a Schroll branch in Pfastatt.
- 2007 Purchase of the SIRMAT company by ECOBENNES.
- 2009 Creation, on January, 1st, of a subsidiary NEUTRALIS, experts in the secure destruction of confidential documents.
- 2010 Purchase of GeboPlast, a company specialised in plastics processing.
- 2011 Altpapier Weber GmbH became WEBER ROHSTOFF GmbH to accompany the diversification of its business.
- 2012 Creation of a subsidiary RECYBIO to organise the return to soil of household and business biowaste.
- 2013 Opening of a CITRAVAL branch in Chavelot
Originally specialised in the recovery of old paper, the Schroll Group is today recognised for its expertise in the recycling field.
* in 2011
Each of the Group's establishments is equipped with state-of-the-art, heavy industrial equipment. The waste collected and taken to the nearest site is weighed, inspected and then meticulously sorted and packed in accordance with the technical requirements established. The recycled raw materials are then reintroduced into industrial production channels.
We also have our own transport service.
- A team of 380 professionals
- Production sites:
4 sites in Lorraine, 8 sites in Alsace
- Industrial equipment:
9 sorting lines, 10 industrial baling presses, 7 shredders
- Our own fleet of vehicles:
- 69 dump trucks, container carriers, tailgate trucks, refuse collection vehicles, boom trucks),
- 1 shredder truck for confidential document destruction,
- 6 vans, 31 trailers including 29 skip carriers and 1 compactor trailer.
Temporary storage equipment
|Schroll operational sites||Partner operational sites|
|Citraval operational sites||Other Schroll group companies|
Collection and treatment of recyclable waste from businesses, public administrations and local authorities
SCHROLL IN ALSACE :
CITRAVAL IN LORRAINE :
6 rue de Cherbourg - BP 23
Tel : +33 (0)3 88 40 58 40
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 40 15 02
Chemin de Ramonville
Tel: +33 (0)3 87 67 84 08
Fax : +33 (0)3 87 67 84 01
26 rue Edouard Branly
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 41 52 40
Fax : +33 (0)3 89 23 90 75
23 rue des Genêts
Tel: +33 (0)3 87 04 15 89
Fax : +33 (0)3 87 00 48 99
2 rue des Imprimés - CS 40068
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 57 15 93
Fax : +33 (0)3 89 52 27 06
Route de Verdun
Tel: +33 (0)3 83 64 62 94
Fax : +33 (0)3 87 67 84 01
Rue de la Sofam
Tél. : 03 29 29 81 86
Fax : 03 29 29 84 13
Sorting, recovery and pre-treatment of non-hazardous waste (NHW) and bulky household waste
15 route du Rohrschollen
Tel : +33 (0)3 88 79 10 80
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 79 21 54
172 rue du Ladhof
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 41 36 26
Fax : +33 (0)3 89 41 39 68
5 rue des Frères Lumière
Tel: +33 (0)3 88 51 09 17
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 51 19 86
Sorting of waste paper/cardboard and plastics from selective household waste collection
10 route du Rohrschollen
Tel: +33 (0)3 88 79 24 84
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 79 96 64
Maintenance of skips and collection equipment
26 rue de Cherbourg
Tel: +33 (0)3 88 39 20 98
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 39 24 18
Collection of recyclable waste and trading in recycled raw materials
|> WEBER ROHSTOFF
D 77694 Kehl
Tel: 0049 (0)7851 4346
Secure confidential document destruction
4 rue de Cherbourg - BP 23
Tel: +33 (0)3 88 40 58 39
Fax : +33 (0)3 61 58 83 43
Regeneration of plastics from selective collection and industry
Rue de la Gare
F-67130 Muhlbach sur Bruche
Tel: +33 (0)3 88 47 55 00
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 47 35 45
Management of household and company biowaste
26 rue Edouard Branly
Tel: +33 (0)3 68 09 00 88
Fax : +33 (0)3 89 23 05 33